Monday, October 01, 2007

Gout Attack 30 September 2007

I have been suffering a mild attack of gout for the last couple of weeks, which I thought it was some kind of sprain at my right ankle. But last night was painful when it finally came, it was after my usual walk at Kiara Hill and thereafter took a small bottle of Guinness Stout @ RSC followed by Bak Kut Teh on the way back home. The minute I moved out of the shop, the attack just came like that and resulting my walking ability to a mere 20%. So painful that I had to snail walk to the car.

When I reached home and I went desperately looking for my medication, but I could not find my Acroxia lah or volteran which I remember I have them all. I have no choice but got to struggle again to the nearest pharmacy in Taman Setiawangsa, at last I got a stack of 10 pills of Arcoxia 90gm tablets (RM39.20).

After shower, I applied volteran gel (old stock) on the ankle and went straight to the bed to recuperate. Feeling slightly better this morning while blogging this crisis, hope I will able to go to work today because I need to finalise a tender submission before the day ends.


I should not have taken the "Or Cow", the alcohol really take great effect on the attack and also should have taken anti inflammatory pill immediately after I was advised to do so. Stubborn head!

Actually last friday, I visited a friend, a physiotherapist at his clinic and he informed me that it was very likely the deposition of uric acid crystals at the ankle and not any kind of ankle sprain after checking my ankle. Thanks to Marc Daniel. Being able to walk in Kiara Hill yesterday and also played a round of golf on Saturday, I thought the crystals will slow go off naturally without any medication but NO! it attack me like hell.

I need to go slow on my drink & food this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, how are you now? Hope you are well or much better. Take care.

Tailim said...

Hi Yen Ling,
it is much better, thanks anyway.
tailim