Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ching Ming Day - A day for Dad

It is a day to remember and honor one's ancestors at grave sites. Young and old pray before the ancestors, sweep the tombs and offer food, tea, wine, chopsticks, (joss) paper accessories. As for me, I was ready to pay my respect to my Dad at Batu Gantung (Penang Turf Club), we left for Penang at 5.15am from S.P. We arrived at Leng Aun Koe at around 6.20am the sky was still dark but the crowd was slowly building up. My brother and sister busy preparing the necessary offer to Dad. The ritual ended with the burning of our offerings to Dad things like a car, gold bars, silver bars, money, clothings etc etc all to ensure that he will have sufficient to use in the other world. Other scene nearby..As we leave the place the sky was getting brighter (note the beautiful rainbow) and the time was 7.30am the traffic was getting worse especially coming into the place for Ching Ming.

No comments: