Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Is Burger @ Taman Setiawangsa, Kuala Lumpur

1977 was the year I sat for my H.S.C. (Higher School Certificate) examination in K.L. and whenever I am back to Penang for school holidays I would help a friend (Ah Lin) to sell burger at a road junction at Penang Road and during the night time outside a disco at Hotel Malaysia.

Watching this man preparing burger for my son brings me back to those days where I was selling burger. There were lots of episodes and memories when I was standing behind such similar kiosk back in Penang. Most of the burgers sold in town are supplied by “Ramly Burger”. And they are very popular in Malaysia in fact these road side burgers taste better than McDonald’s.




Here is a preparation of a standard Beef Burger.
Beef patty on the frying pan simultaneously frying some onions and a dose of pepper flavouring.



Lettuce with a bit of chilli sauce dressing. Then the fried beef patty with mayonnaise topping & chilli sauce again.



Final dressing and cap it with the upper bun.

At last the beef burger is nicely wrapped and next is the delicious bite of the wonderful burger.


Is Burger

Jalan Setiawangsa 10
Taman Setiawangsa
Kuala Lumpur

GPS : 3.177715,101.743194


3 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

wah... looks better than Ramly burger or Burger King? :P
greetings,
reanaclaire.com

Reanaclaire said...

wah... looks better than Ramly burger or Burger King? :P
greetings,
reanaclaire.com

Tailim said...

reanaclaire - it also taste better than those big timers'.