Friday, May 27, 2011

Walk a mile for a Healthy Congee at Chinatown Kuala Lumpur

I was troubled by the possible consequences of high blood pressure and also the doctors' advice on the kind of food I should eat. I walked a mile or more to a shop called "Kedai Hon Kee" and treated myself a bowl of RM6.00 fish congee.

Kedai Hon Kee has been in Chinatown, Kuala Lumpur since 1949 and is still standing there to serve you congee or porridge. That is a long time indeed.

It comes in two servings, one is the slices of raw fish (Grass Carp) and a bowl of hot congee.There are also other kind of porridge sold here too.

I just want to make sure that the fish is really cooked, I dumped the entire plate of raw fish into the hot congee. The slices of fish changed colour and definitely it's cooked. What a way to start my day with a healthy meal in Chinatown.

After a satisfying breakfast at the Street of Petaling, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.

Hon Kee Porridge

Petaling Street

No. 93, Jalan Hang Lekir,

50000 Kuala Lumpur.
GPS : 3.144395,101.697856
there are other branches found in in Klang Valley such as Damansara Uptown, Lot 10, Bandar Puteri Puchong, Taipan USJ and Kepong Metro Perdana

4 comments:

foodbin said...

Those sliced fish are grass carp not Haruan.

Tailim said...

foodbin - Thanks bro for the correction. Have a good day.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

The congee looks good...

A humble and handsomeTaiping boy. said...

Maciam sushi. Must try the kengan water also. Let me know if anyone keen. Special invitation only.