Monday, September 05, 2011

Driving back to Kuala Lumpur from Cherating - Yik Kee Restaurant

A thing we must do before we go back to KL, buy salted fish "kiam hu". I was advised to look for this place at the main road of Cherating.
Yes!!! "Chiang Kee". It's situated just before you exit into the highway heading back to Kuala Lumpur. You can save the drive to Kuantan for this particular purpose.
Packing our  "hair bee" dried prawns.
The many dried stuffs that you can cart away from Cherating.
My wife was satisfied with her purchase.......
We took a detour to Karak town for food not that we are hungry but I just wanted to bring my boys to the original Yik Kee.
Yik Kee has 2 other branches one in Gohtong Jaya & one at Taman Tun Dr. Ismail.
Rice Dumpling of Yik Kee - We sampled it and was satisfied but not the best we have tried.
Quarter duck - my eating crew liked it.
Cantonese Fried Noodle with Fish Paste was the best of our order
My boys wanted more of this ....
Mc Durian - frozen durian pan cake. I guess it would be better eaten when it is fresh and not from the freezer.
The swiss rolls & tarts ready for take away.
The proprietor is such a PR man, very friendly indeed and he wanted me to email him the photos. Bye see you again.

Yik Kee Restaurant
 29 Jalan Besar
28600 Karak
Pahang
Tel: 609-231 1240
GPS : 3.414187,102.034304

Lihat Peta yang Lebih Besar

2 comments:

UnkaLeong said...

Chiang Kee is the place to go fo the dry stuff :) No cincaluk?

Tailim said...

UnkaLeong - of course ada cincaluk too.