Monday, July 30, 2012

First Experience Cycling in Singapore - PCN

 Sien Sin took me here for a Singapore Bak Kut Teh @ Ng Ah Sio, Rangoon Road. I always like plain & clear soup and was looking for this Bak Kut Teh for a change. The BKT soup was not as clear as I wanted but it was good though.

My in laws were worried after leaving me here alone at East Coast with a small bicycle. I told not to worry about me and I love to get lost in this kind of situation...hehehe. The time was about 10.15am.
Basically I did this route as circled "RED"
Signage was good but at time I got lost but interesting to be lost....
East Coast - Siglap.
Bedok Reservior Park.
Neighbourhood of Tampines, here I see a big number of Malay community, they are such a friendly people and always willing to help me in my directions. There are so many types of people in this island not sure they speak the same lingo and after several times I prefer to talk to those I know better.
Good directional signs at relevant turns.
PCN stands for "Park Connector Network" - I love it.
Many of these pit-stops for you to rest & refresh yourself.
A fishing pond at Pasir Ris, my friend Eu Jin's once favourite place to unwind.
A beautiful at Pasir Ris.
PCN track along the MRT line and many along the main drain or streams could be a boring ride but very safe ride indeed.
Bravo to all cyclists you are at home.
Singapore is such a clean and systematic country, everywhere almost look alike.
At the beach of Pasir Ris quiet and relaxing.

A place with a familiar name called Changi, I passed by the Military base and many more restricted places of security.
Alone and hardly anyone riding on a weekday at this part of Singapore....wahlao eh..
At last something to break the monony, I see breeze and swaying coconut trees....that was refreshing.
My longest 1.5 hours with a solo recovery of this puncture. There were 5 cyclists who passed by and none  of them bother to open their mouth to check what was wrong.....my goodness what happen to these city folks.
 Along the Changi Airport there were 2 runways as far as I am concerned, one for the planes and the other one for me to keep on spinning. Both were parallel from one and another and also pretty long.
Then came this scenery shady and quiet track, in fact the air was cool that chilled into my bones. Along this stretch I saw Changi Golf Club how I wish  I can play in the golf course instead of being alone pedalling like crazy.
At last I was happy and relieved to see a sign that shows "East Coast" and that means I  have reached my final point for the day.
East Coast cycling track is pretty long I cycled till the end of it, had a cool beer and proceeded to Katong to stop for a cab back to the hotel. $8.50 from Katong to Balestier Road. What a memorable ride and I had never thought of cycling in Singapore and in this long expedition. It was about 5.30pm when I finished the ride here. Everything was wonderful except for the punctured tyre.

No comments: