Saturday, September 29, 2012

Cycling up Kiara Hills for the First Time

Ever since I started cycling I have been looking for new routes to cycle though I have hiked up many times to Kiara Hills but I have never thought of actually cycling up. One day when I saw a friend’s posting in facebook I told myself I am going to do it this time. Alex was the one who initiated it and many thanks to Alex.
Let’s do it….. the challenge starts from the car park near BAKTI building, TTDI to the first guard house.
Here was I at the loop junction next to the second guard house. I found that this stretch was the most difficult (BAKTI to 2nd Guard House).
The scenery is great with jungle setting and away from the city pollution. It is peaceful and clean.
The mornings during the weekdays are relatively quiet, lesser activity and ideal for cyclists.
Water from the hills.
This sign shows that there are 3 lanes on the track, to and fro for walking or jogging and a bicycle lane in the middle. Obviously this sign ought to be changed.
The Government is spending money in new projects to upgrade the hills, how wonderful.
Come to Kiara Hills and we start a healthy life style.
I shall do it again even though it's tough.
Kiara Hills
Taman Tun Dr Ismail
Kuala Lumpur
GPS : 3.142016,101.633553

No comments: