Saturday, January 19, 2013

Searching for new grounds - Universiti Malaya and Gasing

One day I felt like doing a ride, so I posted that feeling in the facebook and I got 3 friends to ride along.....how nice.
It began with a meeting with Siew Yung & Alex at SS2, where Alex led the way to Universiti Malaya. I enjoyed cycling in the campus and there was one serious climb that came with it....lovely though it was tough. Of course a former student of UM now a doctor who did a tour for us in the campus. Thank you Dr. Chung. 
The sun started to set as we exited Universiti Malaya.
Dr. Chung & his colleague at Universiti Hospital.
Nice to see HUM with a few new buildings in the hospital.....guess it was long overdue.

This Doc's territory Jalan Gasing, I like the old bungalows and houses built during the initial development of Petaling Jaya. 

It was near to total darkness at Gasing Hillsthough there are street lightings but not functioning . Thanks to Doc for showing me the way. Another super climb here.
From Gasing Hill we headed to PJ Old Town for Bak Kut Teh

And a stout after a hard day ride. Oh.... I forgot I need to ride back to Bukit Kiara anyway it was only one stout...
I met up with friends from Easy, Fun & Joy Clcling Group at Section 8, Petaling Jaya, they were about to start their ride to Kuala Lumpur city.
The place I had my stout....
My ride that started from RSC Bukit Kiara to SS2, Universiti malaya, Jalan Gasing, Section 8 Petaling Jaya and back to Bukit Kiara. Distant covered approximately 44km.

The elevation of our ride and the two peaks were Universiti Malaya & Gasing Hill.

No comments: