Friday, April 04, 2014

Kim Lee Kopitiam for an awesome Koay Teow Th'ng 阿海粿條汤

This is one authentic Koay Teow Th'ng you must try in Penang. It was an early morning I cycled from my mother's apartment at Farlim downtown for a "Syiok Sendiri" ride. A hunt for a breakfast and sightseeing, as I was passing by Lorong Macalister to Transfer Road around 7am I saw this stall selling my favourite rice noodle.
A small bowl of this food for RM3.00 and I like it so much, the soup was so tasty that I leave the place with a dry bowl... I want more!
Koay Teow Th'ng has been my No.1 street food and this one is truly authentic. The koay teow noodle is smooth together with two soft bouncy fishballs, slices of duck and chicken meat, spring onions and tiny lard fries.
Uncle Ah Hai has been doing this for over 60 years a trade he learn when he was 12 years old from his father.  The stall has always been around this vicinity ever since the Japanese Occupation and he is still selling this remarkable KTT at this age. My salute to him!!! & I will be back.
Duck & Chicken for the broth and that explains the super delicious Koay Teow Theng of Uncle Ah Hai.


Koay Teow Theng 阿海粿條汤
Kedai Makanan Kim Lee (behind Hong Leong Bank Jalan Burma)
Lorong Macalister, Penang
GPS : 5.417190, 100.329054

1 comment:

Taiwoon said...

Good morning sir! Another reason to visit Penang! Thanks for sharing this gem of a place!