Sunday, April 20, 2014

Restoran Tua Huat Ulu Yam Loh Mee Petaling Jaya Section 19

I was first introduced to this place by a working associate Andrew for a lunch and after a couple of weeks I brought my in-laws for a dinner. Everyone has good remarks for Tua Huat. 
It is located nearby SS2 Petaling Jaya in Section 19. The shop opens from 9 in the morning to 8.30 in the evening. Tua Huat have been providing decent and good noodle in this area for the last 11 years..
The Hakka braised pork with black fungus (Char Yuk) was not consistent the one I took during lunch was good not when I had it during dinner time.
Thai fried Tofu was perfect - everyone of us vouched for it.
Simple stir fried tapioca leaves (Fan Shi Miu)
I love soup and I like this alcohol flavoured chicken soup...lot of ginger & wine, the meat was tender and delicious.
Szeto said "it's better than KFC he will give his son here". It was piping hot and had to eat slowly.
Below were the order we took for dinner with my in-laws, overall everyone was satisfied with the food and it was fun eating with a group of 12 persons. I think we have tried almost of all the signature noodles in this shop.
Stewed Pork Bee Hoon 扣肉米粉 - The family loves this first dish, 12 of us dug into it and were absolutely satisfied with it . The only complaint was the sliced braised pork belly was not sufficient but the tasty bihun noodle with nice aroma did the magic.
Tua Huat's signature Loh Mee  with a few drops of vinegar it was awesome. 
Clay pot yam pork ribs noodles 排骨伊面 a portion for 3 and I would suggest that this dish to be eaten when it is hot.
Soft and tender spring roll 五香春卷 (lobak look alike) was awesome too.
One of the best "Saito" fish cake 西刀 (ikan parang) I have ever tasted springy and delicious.
Most of us love this Chinese wine chicken soup we had eggs added into it and it was truly awesome. It also brought memories of confinement time for some.

Restoran Tua Huat

50G, Jalan 19/3, Petaling Jaya 
46300 Selangor
GPS : 3.120000, 101.629350

Contact ☎ 019-664 8711 / 012-309 2834 / 012-3092835
Business Hours: 9am- 8.30pm (Daily) 9am- 3pm (Tuesday)

No comments: