Monday, July 07, 2014

Canadian Trip 2014 Day 3 Granville Island Market & Queen Elizabeth Park Vancouver

Another scenic and awesome ride on the third day.
Yes it was already the third day in Vancouver I just could not sleep well I had only a mere 4 hours sleep. The sky outside the window was already bright at 4.00am and I told myself to start cycling as early as possible.
So I took out the bike and headed for Granville Street where I planned to have my breakfast at the market.
Welcome to the Public Market of Granville Island.
I was early the market only opens at 9.00am some of the wet retailers were still preparing their stalls.
So I went loitering around the market and taking more pictures.
Most of the F&B stalls open at 11.00am and I wanted to try the Wan Tan Noodle but it was not ready. Meanwhile a cup of coffee to start the day.
9.00 o'clock is the opening if you do no want to waste time waiting.
Nice and beautiful scenery I enjoyed while loafing.

Inside the market.
At last my Wan Ton Noodle appeared in front of me, nothing like the ones in Kuala Lumpur.
Some of the corners of at the market.
I realised that there are certain streets dedicated for cycling with a bicycle sign at the road signs for a safer riding.


The map of the Park a place for horticultural enthusiasts located on the highest point in Vancouver covering an area of 52 hectares. It is beautifully landscaped with exotic trees, floral and fauna, also found at the park are a nice restaurant, tennis pavilion, pitch & putt and Bloedel Conservatory with a dancing fountain.
I had two difficulties to find the park, first was I could not see any road sign leading to the place and my GPS device do not have a Canadian map. I went several wrong directions but eventually got it.
The beautifully maintained park viewed from the top.
One of the markers to assist you to identify the several mountains view from the park.
The popular life size statues for photo taking at Queen Elizabeth Park.

A clock at the entrance presented by the Lions Club.
Bloedel Conservatory & the dancing fountain.
I was attracted by a cemetery named Mountain View Cemetery as I was riding back.
A place for Vancouver to remember.
Intentionally I extended my route to east side of Vancouver as I was heading back to West Hastings Street and somewhere at East Georgia Street I saw this mural of  legend Jimi Hendrix.
A simple "Siu Mai" for lunch at Canada Place.

No comments: