Friday, January 01, 2016

An Old Shop That Sells Wan Tan Mee in Kuala Lumpur 東莞仔

It is a story about this guy who came from Toong Kwoon Province South China to make some money in Malaya. It was back in the 30's where he started a stall near Majestic cinema at Pudu selling Wan Tan Mee. After years of business the Yap family moved into this building in 1954 and they are still going strong selling Toong Kwoon Chye's famous Wan Tan Mee.
The third generation is now running the show and definitely making Toong Kwoon Chye very happy indeed.
She must have been standing here for donkey's years and here, we have the young Yap (the fourth generation) in action. Well done young man for continuing the flag flying!
I salute to these ladies for their perseverance maintaining their Grandfather's legacy alive. Bravo!!!
It's all home made from the noodle to the skin of the dumplings (Wan Tan). I like their chewy noodle, next round I will try their Hakka braised pork & others. I shall return.
Here I was for a late lunch at Kedai Makanan Toong Kwong Chye with my bicycle neatly tucked underneath the table while I enjoy the delicious noodle. Of course with a cup of warm Kopi "O" kosong. 
KL has many good Wan Tan Mee shops, Toong Kwoon Chye is one of the best 10 in town.
Kedai Makan Toong Kwoon Chye
東莞仔
9, Jalan Bukit Bintang
Kuala Lumpur
GPS : 3.143952, 101.707990

No comments: