Monday, May 09, 2016

Day 11 - South Thailand Tour 2016 Old Town Phuket

 Good morning Phuket the sun was fiercely rising from a distance making a reddish old Phuket Town, every morning we could see monks everywhere offering blessing to the locals during our tour.

A lovely morning scene of the facade of Old Phuket Town. I was taking a brief solo round before the guys decide what to do for the day.
I managed to strike a market place called Downtown Plaza and I love visiting markets wherever I go.
I like this capture the mural and the walking nun.
Another shot at the opposite of the walking lady with her goods trolley.
One of the many Chinese temples seen in Phuket and I can tell you there are really lots of them indeed.
Moving back to the hotel at Queen Sirikit Park there stands a golden sea dragon known as Hai Leng Ong, yhe protector of Phuket.
Come noon Andrew & myself went out to explore other parts of Phuket. Our target was to check Phuket Jetty and my Oregon just came in handy.
As we drew closer to the jetty we saw many boat related places. 
Hand made boat seen on our way to the jetty.
Phuket Rassada Pier, we found you and it is about less than 5km from Old Town Phuket. A jetty where you could ferry to other islands like Phi Phi, Lanta and Krabi.
This was seen at the wall at the pier indicating the schedule & fares to the various destinations.
We then cycled toward western south of Phuket where we passed by this roundabout a Seahorse circle known as Nimit Circle.
Saphan Hin seaside park a popular leisure spot among the local Thais where many celebrations are held here like the Vegetarian Festival in the month of October, Loy  Kratong and Red Cross Fair.
After visiting the seafront of Saphan Hin we came to Soi Bang Yai, a road that runs along this canal with many boats parked at both sides. There are some paths and amenities that are old and seems forgotten.
Then we slowly moved towards north and back to the hotel I decided to show Andrew Downtown Plaza, the morning market with some street arts. Most of the retailers have already closed for business. Anyway we were not there to market but just to see the place.
I really like this mural.
I got electrocuted with this piece and one for the album.
A secret passage out of the market that I used it in the morning and again in the afternoon.
A visit to Kim's Massage & Spa which was near and a mere walking distance from our hotel. We spent 2 hour relaxing time here.
My lunch at a Muslim stall at Trick Eye Museum for an economy rice with kengsom fish cutlet and a fried egg, it was simple yet delicious.
A prawn noodle after our massage was surprisingly delicious, a shop behind the Trick Eye Museum and how I wish I could have another bowl this now, I am drooling as I am writing this......

No comments: