Saturday, November 25, 2017

Cycle Malaysia Day 42 Melaka to Port Dickson

It's back to business, I was set to continue my journey and will be back home soon. Good bye Cafe 1511 and Melaka.
Just couldn't leave the pretty sight away and one more snap before I leave Tun Tan Cheng Lock Road.
On a quiet Sunday morning as I was leaving the Jonker's Walk my tummy was calling for food and what shall I eat then.
At Jalan Tengkera I stopped by at Hoo Khiew Prawn Cracker Noodles and I was no.16 customer of the day. The location was GPS : 2.202566, 102.236049
My yellow noodle with Prawn cracker and fish balls something you don't get in Kuala Lumpur.


Tranquerah Mosque is one of the oldest mosques in Melaka. The original mosque structure was made entirely of timber bought from Kalimantan, Dutch East India Company. It had since undergone several renovations and restorations. The mosque consists of Javanese culture components. It features triple-tiered pyramidal roof and a square base. It is one of the few mosque in Malaysia which has a pagoda in place of a minaret. The interior is a mixture of Malay, Chinese and Indonesian elements.
I stumbled into Soo when I left Hoo Khiew Prawn Cracker Noodles and was told they were having breakfast nearby and I joined them for a coffee. The place was Kedai Kopi Dan Makanan Soon Yen (GPS : 2.204464, 102.228690) at Jalan Tengkera.
After spending about half an hour with Chew & friends I continued my ride and made a I turned into the reclaimed land area at Lorong Hajah Maznah heading towards Pantai Klebang.
I took a detour where I wanted to view Malacca Club for a while which is sited at the vicinity of Kampung Hailam.
At the Jetty of Kampung Hailam.
The graveyard of Hang Tuah at Tanjung Kling. Hang Tuah (Jawi: هڠ تواه‎) was a legendary warrior who lived in Malacca during the reign of Sultan Mansur Shah in the 15th century. He was supposedly the most powerful of all the laksamana, or admirals, and is considered by the Malays to be one of history's greatest silat masters. Hang Tuah is held in the highest regard, even in present-day Malay culture, and is arguably the most well-known and illustrious warrior figure in Malay history and literature.
 Then I came into the route where Avillion Coastal Ride was held. The starting point was from Port Dickson.
Morning market at Pantai Rombang.
At a drink hut for the Avillion riders.
After having passed the town of Sg. Udang and Tanjung Bidara I found myself at Pengkalan Balak Beach.
The beach at Kg. Pengkalan Balak seems popular and it was crowded with visitors with a bright sunny Sunday. I took a break with a nice coconut drink.

It was coastal route all the way and after 56km of cycling I managed to reach the boundary of Negeri Sembilan. It was good bye to Melaka.
And welcome to Negeri Sembilan!
Another drink station for the Avillion participants.
Then I passed by Pasir Panjang a small town and the weather was getting very hot. I stopped at a Caltex Petrol station for a drink.
At the junction going into the huge resort at Lexis Hibiscus Port Dickson is located in Si Rusa.
Wan Loong Chinese Temple at Kampung Teluk Kemang GPS : 2.472550, 101.858880 where I rested in a bus stand opposite the temple.
Somewhere at a Baywatch at Jalan Pantai, Port Dickson.
Stopping by at a corner before the Palm Beach Resort.
I decided to push myself a bit further towards PD town itself so that the next day I will have a shorter ride to tackle.
While I was searching for a hotel I bumped into Vincent, he has just completed his participation in the Avillion Coastal Ride. Nice meeting you again Vincent!
Medan Selera Port Dickson GPS : 2.523371, 101.795098 in PD town near a Fire Brigade Station.
I follow the crowd and most of them were eating Nasi Lemak and fried chicken wing from this Indian Stall.
The sambal and the fried chicken were tasty and I was happy with it.
Day 42 was the beginning of the last stage of my tour Stage VIII and it took a toll of 92km on this hot day.

No comments: